CommBank Stadium Adds To The Trophy Cabinet
Thursday 16 December 2021 11:13am
The award-winning CommBank Stadium has been recognised once again, with the world-class stadium claiming the Best Tourism & Leisure Development Award at the prestigious Property Council of Australia Gala dinner on Wednesday night (December 15).
Since it opened in April 2019, CommBank Stadium has received 17 awards and nominations as it continues to be a major tourism attraction for Sydney’s west.
The world-class 30,000 seat stadium, which is home of the Western Sydney Wanderers and Parramatta Eels, has welcomed over 1,000,000 fans through the gates since opening.
Venues NSW CEO Kerrie Mather was on hand to accept the award, alongside project team members from Populous, Lendlease and Venues Live.
CommBank Stadium’s List of Awards / Nominations:
· Australian Steel Institute’s NSW Steel Excellence Award for large projects;
· Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Sporting Facilities;
· Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Excellence in Environment;
· Good Design Award Gold Accolade in the Architectural Design Commercial and Residential category;
· Best Commercial Architecture: 2020 NSW Architecture Awards;
· Colorbond Award for Steel Architecture: 2020 NSW Architecture Awards;
· NSW People’s Choice Award for Life in 2020: NSW Architecture Awards;
· LEED v4 Gold Certification from the US Green Building Council: First Stadium in the world to announce LEED v4 Gold standard for sustainable design.
· Silver Medal: Stadium Database Stadium of the Year Awards 2019:
· 2019 Project of the Year – Joint Winner: BOOMTOWN! Property & Infrastructure Awards;
· Outstanding Sports & Major Events Project for 2019– BOOMTOWN! Property & Infrastructure Awards;
· Australia’s Best Rectangular Stadium– Austadiums Stadium Of The Year Awards 2019;
· National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) Excellence Award– Stowe Australia for Bankwest Stadium;
· Best Tourism & Leisure Development: 2021 Property Council of Australia/Rider Levett Bucknall Innovation & Excellence Awards
· Finalist: 2021 Property Council of Australia/Rider Levett Bucknall Innovation & Excellence Awards – Best Sustainable Development (New Buildings);
· Finalist: 2021 Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence – City of Parramatta Excellence in Customer Service;
· Finalist: 2021 Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence – WSABE Excellence in Retail;