Bankwest Stadium named as Finalist for prestigious Property Council of Australia Awards
Friday 7 May 2021 9:48am
The accolades continue to flow for Bankwest Stadium with the Stadium today named as a finalist for two prestigious awards in the 2021 Property Council of Australia/Rider Levett Bucknall Innovation & Excellence Awards.
Bankwest Stadium is now in the running for Best Sustainable Development (New Buildings), and Best Tourism & Leisure Development.
The Stadium is also now in line for the property industry’s most esteemed award – The Australian Development of the Year – along with the high-profile State Development of the Year in NSW.
The category winners will be announced at an official gala dinner at the ICC Sydney on Friday 13 August. You can see a full list of award nominations here.
The nominations continue a celebrated run of award recognition for Bankwest Stadium, which has now received 15 awards and nominations since it opened in April 2019.
Bankwest Stadium is owned by Venues NSW on behalf of the NSW Government and operated by VenuesLive, a leading Australian-based provider of management and hospitality services to venues and events.
The Stadium was designed and constructed by Lendlease in conjunction with architect Populous and engineering company Aurecon and, was delivered by Infrastructure NSW.
The trophy cabinet at Bankwest Stadium is growing fast. Built #ForTheFans with the event experience front of mind, the 30,000-seat Stadium has now won 15 awards since it opened with a Community Open Day in April 2019.
Bankwest Stadium’s List of Awards
- Australian Steel Institute’s NSW Steel Excellence Award for large projects;
- Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Sporting Facilities;
- Master Builder Association of NSW Award for Excellence in Environment;
- Good Design Award Gold Accolade in the Architectural Design Commercial and Residential category;
- Best Commercial Architecture: 2020 NSW Architecture Awards;
- Colorbond Award for Steel Architecture: 2020 NSW Architecture Awards;
- NSW People’s Choice Award for Life in 2020: NSW Architecture Awards;
- LEED v4 Gold Certification from the US Green Building Council: First Stadium in the world to announce LEED v4 Gold standard for sustainable design.
- Silver Medal: Stadium Database Stadium of the Year Awards 2019:
- 2019 Project of the Year – Joint Winner: BOOMTOWN! Property & Infrastructure Awards;
- Outstanding Sports & Major Events Project for 2019– BOOMTOWN! Property & Infrastructure Awards;
- Australia’s Best Rectangular Stadium– Austadiums Stadium Of The Year Awards 2019;
- National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) Excellence Award– Stowe Australia for Bankwest Stadium;
- Finalist: 2021 Property Council of Australia/Rider Levett Bucknall Innovation & Excellence Awards – Best Sustainable Development (New Buildings);
- Finalist: 2021 Property Council of Australia/Rider Levett Bucknall Innovation & Excellence Awards – Best Tourism & Leisure Development.