EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PANTHERS V SOUTHS NRL PRELIMINARY FINAL
Tuesday 20 September 2022 12:00am
After battling it out in last season’s Grand Final, reigning Premiers Penrith Panthers and South Sydney meet again this time at Accor Stadium in what promises to be a Preliminary Final to remember.
The winner advances to the biggest day on the Sydney sporting calendar; the NRL Grand Final to face the Parramatta Eels, but for the loser it is season over.
Here is everything you need to know:
NRL Preliminary Final
Penrith Panthers v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Saturday 24 September
Gates open: 6pm
Full time: 9:35pm approx.
Penrith Panthers (1st – 20 wins; 4 losses – last game: beat Parramatta 27-8)
South Sydney Rabbitohs (7th – 14 wins; 10 losses – last game: beat Cronulla Sharks 38-12)
Your Game Plan:
- Arrive early! To avoid queues at the gate and ensure you don’t miss any of the action, it is recommended you arrive at least one hour before kick-off. You can also enjoy pre-game entertainment from the on-field DJ, watch the players warm up, or have your photo taken with the NRL Trophy!
- Public transport is the best way to get to the footy, and rail is included in your ticket! With FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup action at Qudos Bank Arena, and 50,000 other footy fans heading into the area, avoid gameday traffic and get to the ground without the stress of parking by taking public transport. Plan your trip to Accor Stadium using the Transport for NSW tool here.
- If you need to drive, consider your parking options. Attendees are strongly encouraged to book parking as soon as they can. The best way to book parking is through the Sydney OIympic Park website. P1 is already sold out, with P3 (a 10-15 minute walk to Accor Stadium), also filling fast so get in early!
- Pre-purchase your ticket. To avoid disappointment and lines at the box office, we recommend buying your tickets online. Don’t forget to share them digitally or physically with your group before arriving at the gates.
- Keep your ticket and use it the next day to get FREE entry to the NSW Rugby League's Grand Final triple header at CommBank Stadium.
- Elevate your experience! Want to see the big game in style? Move fast to lock in your Premium Experience for this historic occasion via Accor Stadium Official Hospitality
Last time they met:
You need only go back one month to see how tight a contest this one could be, with a late Penrith try sinking Souths 26-22 at Accor Stadium in Round 23. The pair’s other meeting came back in April, with Penrith emerging victorious 26-12 at BlueBet Stadium in Round 4.
Food and Beverage:
Make the most of the day; arrive early and enjoy the wide range of restaurants and bars in the Sydney Olympic Park Precinct or take advantage of our stadium’s retail options. Our popular pizzas are back, while it’s Battle of the Burgers, between the Angus Burger and the Korean Fried Chicken Burger. There is something available for every palate, including for those with dietary requirements. To explore our full range, click here.
The forecast for Sydney Olympic Park for Saturday is a chance of showers throughout the day, but subsiding in the evening. We recommend dressing for the conditions, especially as not all seats are undercover. Umbrellas may be brought into the Stadium but for the comfort of others should not be put up. For the latest forecast, please click here.
Transport to and parking near Accor Stadium:
Attendees are encouraged to make their way to the Stadium via public transport, including bus, train and ferry. Accessible travel is available. Rail travel is included in matchday tickets. Plan to get here early using the Transport for NSW Trip Planner.
If you need to drive, please allow extra time for traffic as there will be a large number of people in the area. Booking your parking is strongly recommended, especially with P1 already sold out and P3 filling fast – visit the Sydney Olympic Park website to secure your parking space as soon as possible. Those requiring Accessibility Parking will also park in the Sydney Olympic Park car parks – please remember to bring your permit. P3 is a 10-15 minute walk to Accor Stadium, with shuttle buses connecting patrons to other car parks in the area. For more information click here.
Please note: if you are planning to use a taxi or ride share service after the game, there will be a number of road closures in place for up to half an hour after full time.
All bags will be subject to the security screening process. To help avoid delays, it’s best to leave your bag at home. On all event days bag sizes are limited to 30x40cm. Umbrellas are permitted but for the comfort of other patrons, they should not be opened in the seating bowl. Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the stadium. Please note: No glass or cans are permitted. For more information on conditions of entry, please click here.
Be there to cheer on your team; only one team will secure a berth in the NRL Grand Final, while it’s season over at the final hurdle for the other. Tickets available here.