STADIUM AUSTRALIA LIGHTS UP OUR COMMUNITY IN SUPPORT OF WORTHY CAUSES
Monday 7 June 2021 12:00am
By Crystelle Cordero
While Sydney's Olympic Stadium is best known as the home ground of world-class sport and entertainment, it is also a beacon of light and hope, glowing brightly in support of major community awareness campaigns.
Stadium Australia lights up for different events and causes several times a month, becoming a regular feature of precinct night-time landscape.
Partnering with Sydney Olympic Park to raise awareness for national advocacy campaigns, recently the Stadium and Precinct has been lit:
- Blue for World Autism Awareness on 2 April
- Green for World Earth Day on 22 April
- Red for Anzac Day on 25 April
- Rainbow for International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia & Biphobia on 17 May
- Orange for SES Volunteers on 18 May
- Red & Yellow for Reconciliation Week from 27 May - 3 June
And will be lighting:
- Light Blue for World Refugee Day on 20 June
- Red & Yellow for NAIDOC Week from 4 July
- Pink for DonateLife Week on 25 July
- And Purple for the Paralympics in late August
As a proud supporter of community events and charitable causes, the Stadium Australia and Olympic Park lighting program will continue to shine brightly throughout the back end of 2021 and beyond.