Pop in to a pop up to talk sport in the Hunter
Friday 25 August 2017 2:56pm
Ministerial media release
Hunter residents are being invited to have their say on a new look Hunter Sports and Entertainment Precinct, with the first of many pop up information stands starting tomorrow.
Minister for Sport Stuart Ayres and Parliamentary Secretary for the Hunter Scot MacDonald are encouraging people to meet members of the project team.
“We’ve already had great feedback from the community who’ve shared their ideas for the future of the precinct to make it a world class sporting and entertainment district,” Mr Ayres said.
Parliamentary Secretary for the Hunter Scot MacDonald said the response had been overwhelming since the first open house community session in July.
“This is a chance for all Hunter residents to help shape a masterplan that will explore opportunities to upgrade existing facilities or create new ones, such as a multi-purpose arena and consolidated sports facility, with the potential for new sporting fields, hotels, restaurants, cafes, and community spaces,” Mr MacDonald said.
Schedule of pop up community events:
Saturday 26 August.
- Cessnock Marketplace, Wollombi Road between 10:00am and 12:00pm
- Food and Wine Fair, Newcastle Entertainment Centre between 2:00pm and 4:00pm
Sunday 3 September:
- Forecourt of McDonald Jones Stadium for the Newcastle Knights v Cronulla Sharks between 11:30am and 2:30pm
- Maitland Markets at the Maitland Showground, Blomfield Road between 11:00am and 2:00pm
Sunday 29 October:
- Broadmeadow Showground, Brown Road, Newcastle for the Farmers Market between 10:00am and 12:00pm
- Forecourt of McDonald Jones Stadium for the Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney Wanderers between 3:30pm and 5:30pm
Community members can also provide feedback at www.venuesnsw.com.