Bankwest secures naming rights to Western Sydney Stadium
Wednesday 5 December 2018 9:08am
(Image l-r: Paul Doorn, CEO, Venues NSW, Minister for Sport Stuart Ayres, Bankwest Stadium Managing Director Rowan Munchenberg, Daryl Kerry, CEO ANZ Stadium & Bankwest Stadium)
Western Sydney Stadium will now be known as ‘Bankwest Stadium’ after a seven-year partnership between the NSW Government and Bankwest for naming-rights of Western Sydney’s newest purpose-built stadium was announced today.
NSW Minister for Sport and Minister for Western Sydney Stuart Ayres made the announcement at the Stadium today alongside Bankwest Managing Director Rowan Munchenberg.
“Bankwest has embraced the opportunity to be part of booming Western Sydney and the company’s commitment to the naming rights of the venue is a huge vote of confidence in both the future of the Stadium and the region,” Mr Ayres said.
“This deal is important for the Stadium to be financially self-sustaining, making sure there is no burden to taxpayers to cover ongoing running costs.
“Bankwest Stadium is a game changer for sports fans across Western Sydney.”
Managing Director Rowan Munchenberg said Bankwest was thrilled to support this critical piece of community infrastructure in the vibrant, diverse and growing corridor of Western Sydney.
“The Bankwest Stadium partnership sends a clear message to the people of Western Sydney that we’ll continue to invest in products and services that meet their needs,” Mr Muchenberg said.
“Our vision is to deliver amazing customer experiences that matter, which is strongly aligned to the vision of this stadium ‘to empower world-class fan experiences’.
Bankwest Stadium is on track and on budget, with a rapidly increasing calendar of events and activities in place for 2019 including;
- 14 regular-season NRL games commencing with Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers on Easter Monday;
- Three home Super Rugby games for the NSW Waratahs;
- Western Sydney Wanderers playing English club Leeds in July;
- Downer Rugby League World Cup 9s in October.
Bankwest Stadium will also host a range of community events, as well as meetings, functions and other special events.
The Stadium is owned by Venues NSW on behalf of the NSW Government and operated by VenuesLive.
MEDIA: Ash Knight | Minister Ayres | 0448 919 334
BANKWEST STADIUM FAST FACTS:
- The Stadium will cater for bigger crowds, provide an improved game-day experience and bring major benefits to the Western Sydney economy;
- Generate approximately 1,200 jobs during construction and between 600 and 900 jobs once operational for sporting event days and major events;
- Offer improved facilities for spectators including high-quality food and beverage facilities, improved screens, and better function facilities;
- Total budget of $360 million with Lendlease appointed as design and construction partner;
- Early work commenced in June 2017 with major work commencing in September 2017;
- 30,000 seats, all fully roof covered and closer to the action than ever before in Australia;
- 3,000 premium seats and 54 suites;
- Full Wi-Fi coverage throughout the stadium;
- A 360-degree open concourse with views of the field of play so that fans won’t miss any of the action when buying food and drinks;
- Two flexible function spaces with views of the field and the parklands beyond the stadium;
- Facilities catering to the emerging female sports industry including four team change rooms, which means women’s games can be played before men’s games.