Western Sydney Stadium
Western Sydney Stadium is the first of a network of contemporary venues to ensure NSW maintains a competitive edge in the national and international sporting and event market.
Currently under construction on the former Pirtek Stadium site at Parramatta, Western Sydney Stadium is the first project being delivered in the NSW Government’s stadia strategy. The stadium will set a new standard for sports fans when it opens in 2019, with 3,000 premium seats and a 360-degree open concourse with views of the playing field - meaning fans won’t miss any of the action.
All hirers will benefit from a state-of-the-art playing surface with improved facilities for teams. Event goers will experience better and expanded seating, big screens and modern technology including Wi-Fi, with improved food and beverage facilities.
In December 2016, Lendlease was awarded the contract to design and build Western Sydney Stadium, with construction commencing in 2017. It will accommodate a range of activities including rugby league, football, rugby union and outdoor music events.
The new Stadium is being delivered by Projects NSW, a specialist project delivery unit of Infrastructure NSW, in close partnership with Venues NSW. Project updates are available for download below and on the Infrastructure NSW website.
|November 2017 – Project update||3,399.84 KB||14/11/2017|
|July 2017 – Project update||145.38 KB||14/11/2017|
|March 2017 - Project update||2,293.13 KB||14/11/2017|
|February 2017 - Project update: start of demolition work||337.94 KB||14/11/2017|
|January 2017 - Project update: site establishment||194.78 KB||14/11/2017|
|About the new Western Sydney Stadium||229.37 KB||14/11/2017|
|Planning Process and Concept Plan||114.33 KB||14/11/2017|
|Heritage Assessment||9,457.89 KB||14/11/2017|
|Environmental Impacts||10,376.12 KB||14/11/2017|
|Stadium access and transport||412.81 KB||14/11/2017|
- 30,000 seats
- 3,000 premium seats
- 1,000 seats behind the northern goals that can be converted to standing positions for active football supporters (subject to agreement with the Sports Ground Safety Authority, Venues NSW and NSW Police).
- 54 suites
- Seats closer to the field of play than any other stadium in Australia
- 100 per cent roof coverage for all seated areas
- Capable of hosting 40,000 people in concert mode
- The stadium will provide the best sight lines in Australia
- Extensive Wi-Fi coverage providing the best available digital connectivity to enhance the match day experience
- Australia’s first Field Club in a rectangular stadium offering fans a chance to enjoy food and beverages in close proximity to the field
- A 360 degree open concourse with views of the field of play so that fans won’t miss any of the action when buying food and beverages
- Two flexible function spaces with views of the field and the parklands beyond the stadium
- Facilities catering to the emerging female sports industry including four team change rooms which means women’s games can be played before a men’s game
- Two BBQ decks
- LED lighting to dress the stadium in the colours of the home team
- LED ribbon signage and two large video screens inside the stadium
- Water recycling facilities